Monday, February 20, 2012

Where can I find info on towing laws in Louisiana on Interstate highways?

To be specific, the car was towed off the side of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. The car was out of the way of traffic, insured, and posed no danger. It was only there a couple of days before being towed for no apparent reason. I'd like to contest the charges and get my car back. Could someone let me know where I can get more info on the laws concerning towing over the weekend until I can talk to the Public Service Commission.Where can I find info on towing laws in Louisiana on Interstate highways?
Any unoccupied vehicle on the right of way can be towed simply for being there. The right of way extends at least 100 feet beyond the edge of the pavement. If you leave the car to walk to the next exit for gas, it is legal for the car to be towed. Don't bother contesting the charges. The fact your car was towed off the Interstate is conclusive proof of what you were charged with. Pay your fines and get on with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment