Monday, February 20, 2012

Should I fight the Towing company or my apartment complex?

So my car just got towed. I had registered the car as planned non-operation to the DMV and the tags are now a month expired. The apartment complex of course doesn't know that I have paperwork showing the car is inopp and can't be moved due to no tags. I wasn't parked in any illegal parking and was told that it was towed for the tags. If I show them my DMV paperwork, will the apt or towing company give me money back?Should I fight the Towing company or my apartment complex?
probably not, keep in mind, some nut job at the apartment complex called the tow truck company, because they had a contract with them. You can sure try to go past the dork who started all this head, by finding out who the management company is, and making a complaint that way, the problem is you have to live there, and the more stink you make, the harder it could be for you. It sucks that the car was even towed with out the management company or manger even asking you what is up, if they do not agree, to reimburse you, and you believe it was a illegal tow, you may be able to appeal to the city, or file a small claims action against the manager, and the tow company (If you do it separate, you have two chances of getting paid off, instead of one, if you can do it that way) best of luckShould I fight the Towing company or my apartment complex?
I really doubt it.........don't you?Should I fight the Towing company or my apartment complex?
There is probably a very common provision in your lease that says vehicles that are inoperable or have expired tags are subject to being towed at owners expense. The paperwork from the BMV simply proves their position that the car was inoperable and had expired tags, so it's of no help. If they made no attempt to contact you first, I would file a complaint with the ownership and see if they will offer something. Personally, I might not renew a lease over something like this.
  • duplicolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment