Monday, February 20, 2012

In Ireland does the car your towing need insurance?

I'm 15 so it'll be a while till I can actually drive my car on the road legally. My friend has a farm and we were thinking of bringing my car out there, all I want to know is if there is a car towing my car, does my car need insurance and what age does the person in the towed car have to be?In Ireland does the car your towing need insurance?
Disclaimer. These are admittedly US rules, but I assume all countries have similar rules.



No passengers are allowed in cars being towed.

If you mean pulling it down the road by means of a rope or chain, that isn't legal and isn't towing.

A legal tow truck can move your car even if you don't have insurance on it.

If you don't want to use a tow truck, unless all 4 wheels are off the ground, registration and insurance is required. That means you could use a trailer, but not a tow dolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment