Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can I get a towing refund by fighting my parking ticket in Toronto?

I got my car towed away, AND I got a parking ticket for it in Toronto last week.



I really dont think the ticket (and subsequent towing) was fair since I was handed the ticket at 10:30 pm, while parking is free after 9pm as per the meter. (I took pics with my cellphone to proove it).



The ticket is only for $30, but i had to pay $155 for towing.



If I can have my ticket dismissed and convince the judge that the officer was wrong - will I get a refund for my towing?Can I get a towing refund by fighting my parking ticket in Toronto?
It shouldn't matter when the ticket was handed to you. If the cop testifies that he found your car there even one minute before 9PM, then you have a problem. But if you did park there after 9, then the cop really screwed up and I should think you'd be entitled to compensation for the towing charge. Just hope that the towing company can provide you with some sort of a log or other kind of record of exactly when they towed your car, or that you can find a witness who saw when your car was towed, in case the cop lies about the time in court. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment