Monday, February 20, 2012

Why did I lose a lot of transmission fluid from my 96 GMC 3500 Diesel while towing?

2 days ago had my transmission serviced and a new pan seal and while towing it lost drive, I looked underneath the pan looked okay but there was a lot of fluid coming from above, where could it be leaking and could there be any damage?Why did I lose a lot of transmission fluid from my 96 GMC 3500 Diesel while towing?
The transmission more than likely overheated and spewed the fluid out of the breather and the filler tube.

If you're going to tow again, you want to seriously consider a heavy duty transmission cooler.Why did I lose a lot of transmission fluid from my 96 GMC 3500 Diesel while towing?
1 service didnt seal pan

2 they didnt put enough fluid in iit

3 a front seal blew

4 it just plane overheated.



if thats the unrebuilt tranny from 96 you got more than moneys worth

damage? maybe..trannys dont like running dry..but drain old fluid and put in new with some seafoam treatment..see how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment