Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can a towing company sell a car for junk if the person that owns the car is incarcerated at the time they towe?

I was stopped by a police officer and was arrested for a warrant, the officer then called a towing company to tow my car. I was sent to prison and when I got released I was informed that my car had been sold by the owner of the towing company. I was not sent any forms to fill out or anything. Is this legal?Can a towing company sell a car for junk if the person that owns the car is incarcerated at the time they towe?
It happens. The towing %26amp; storage fees would be so expensive you couldn't have gotten the car back anyway.



That said, they are supposed to send notice to the registered owner (might be the previous owner).



I had that happen to me. Guy owed me a few hundred. Got arrested %26amp; car towed.



Cant remember how I found out but I did...and had to go pay to get it out, then I sent him a notice saying he had 10 days to pay it off and of course he didn't because he was in jail.



So I just sold it to someone else and kept his down payment and gave all his stuff to goodwill. He was living out of it apparently.Can a towing company sell a car for junk if the person that owns the car is incarcerated at the time they towe?
Check w/ a lawyer.



Seems a violation of due process not notifying you or your agents.



The biggest mortgage co's in the world are now being held accountable for their failures to follow procedures in foreclosures. Their foreclosures in almost all states have therefor been stopped and some people can stay in their houses, or get their houses back, and the mort co's. are under investigation by the feds and state's atty generals.



It's an extremely wide-spread type of fraud perpetrated by biz's from multi-national banks down to the local tow shops.



If you're a victim of it too, you may get your car back.Can a towing company sell a car for junk if the person that owns the car is incarcerated at the time they towe?
Yep. It became an abandoned vehicle after a certain amount of time. It's not the towing company's problem you were in jail. It was your problem, however.
yes if over 3o days,

No comments:

Post a Comment