Monday, February 20, 2012

Do you know someone who is in the towing business?

Or are you in it yourself? My husband %26amp; his father run a towing business of their own, I have been with my husband for 6 years %26amp; that's how we met. I was his dispatcher. My father was towing from the time I was born until the time I was about 13 or so. So I understand the business very well. Although it's not easy to live with someone who is always on call. What are some experiences you've had or someone you know have had?Do you know someone who is in the towing business?
Being on call all the time is hard. Owning the business is also hard. You never get a vacation and when you do you worry about what is going on with your company.

If you work for someone when you leave the office you leave all the "work" stuff at the door and do not worry about it until the next day. When you own the company you have it all the time 24/7 and if it is a family business that means your are with your family 24/7 at work and home. It makes it hard to seterate out work stuff from home stuff.

Sometimes stuff at work spills over to stuff at home and vise versa. It is hard to keep things going.

We have worked out a balance we take some time off and let an employee answer the calls and we make time to do things we want to do. Nothing gets into our time and we stick to that rule. It has helped us.Do you know someone who is in the towing business?
Sorry dont know anyone!....but I can imagine that being on call all the time must really suck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment