Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What the hell happened to Ruby Tuesdays it used ot be good?

Now it's crap, "modernized menu" and they are rude as hell. Anyone else notice?What the hell happened to Ruby Tuesdays it used ot be good?
The service is simply terrible. There is no hostess at the door, so you wait several minutes to even be sat. Then, your server walks by you ten times without even acknowleging you or smiling. So rude!! I am a server myself, so I am a very forgiving diner and a generous tipper, but that's just rude.



I used to work at Ruby Tuesday, for a whole month, and the company is going down-hill fast. The reason they don't keep hostesses at the door all night is to save money. the ironic thing is, they're losing money by doing this b/c people have to wait forever to be sat. then, the servers (not all but some) have bad attitudes about their jobs either b/c they are really terrible servers or they're mad how badly people are tipping (the second point I could relate with, but I still treat my guests w/respect and give them the best service I can, regardless of past bad tippers.I am honestly grateful people are still coming out to eat and tipping something, anything.)



So my server was also very short with me and didn't smile or even ask me how i was doing. As a server it's not the point to chitchatting w/your guests, but the point of being friendly and started out by smiling and welcoming them and asking them, "How are you? What's going on? Are we celebrating a birthday, etc etc" you get the idea. but she was just very short w/me and when i asked for something she made me feel like how DARE i ask her to recook my vegtables (b/c they were crunchy, that's how undercooked they were. i like my broccili very tender. and i asked nicely.)



I did sit there and conversate w/her about how long she had served at RT and she told me 2 years and i told her i was a server too, yada yada yada. She then proceeded to cut me off and tell me what SCUMBAGS people are b/c they tip so badly nowadays.



I told her, i always try to get some job security by always treating my guests w/respect and giving them great service anyhow, regardless of how they may tip, b/c at least then you'll still have your job and be able to wait on other people who may be better tippers. It's a rare treat now, but I still have my guests who are wowed by the impressive, detailed service i've given them and they tip me 20-30 percent.



As I said, i did wait tables at RT before, and the company does this horrible, horrible thing---not to the guests--but it comes out very badly for the server. RT sends out "buy one, get one free" coupons. Nobody, ever, ever, tips on the original amount. All day long, it's two dollar tips. Seriously. I would never work there again. But I never treated my guests w/disrespect, ever.



All in all, my experience working@ RT was a terrible one. The cooks messed up orders constantly, were very rude to me, the managers accused me of stealing money when I had done no such thing. The servers working there were extremely unprofessional. One of my fellow servers cursed me out when i asked him how his day was going and the managers did nothing about it.



One night I was waiting on a party of four teens and i put their order in right--the girl who brought the food out, DROPPED HOT FRENCH FRIES IN THEIR LAPS!!! the table told the manager I did it. it was so freaking bogus!!



I think the general products RT puts out is mediocre. I would try to upsell bar drinks like flavored lemonades and people would send them back constantly, not liking them. It's sad the direction the company is going in, b/c they have one good thing, an awesome salad bar. it's sad b/c they will probably shut down and even if they don't, if you want RT salad bar, you have to put up waiting at the host stand ten minutes and rude servers.What the hell happened to Ruby Tuesdays it used ot be good?
Must be your local restaurant. Ours is just as good as it's always been.What the hell happened to Ruby Tuesdays it used ot be good?
Probably the one you visit has some bad management.What the hell happened to Ruby Tuesdays it used ot be good?
I hear ya man! I quit going there about 2 years ago. And what's up with the rectangular plates?
maybe you just had a bad day at one. I actually go at least once a week and never have had any problems. It's a good place to take the family, because the prices are very reasonable. I am always trying to get my hands on Ruby Tuesday coupons. I always try something new from the Ruby Tuesdays menu I may have not had before, and I am always happy with my selection.



http://www.rubytuesdaycoupons.net/



http://www.rubytuesdaymenu.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment