Friday, January 27, 2012

How much money would I get in tips as a waitress?

For almost two years now, I have been a waitress at my local Pizza Hut in NC. I have been wanting to get a new job for a while now (because I am SOOO ready to leave that place), however, I'm not sure which restaurant is best to go. I've been looking at places such as Logan鈥檚, Ruby Tuesdays, Chilies, O鈥機harlie鈥檚, ect. (and I'm not ready to make the step to "fine dining" just yet). My question is how much would I average on tips at a place like this?

Also, I know that the money I make in tips will vary, depending on my location, the people, the prices on the menu, ect. I'm just asking for a general idea of what a waitress at this type of scale restaurant would make a night in tips.



Right now at Pizza Hut, I average about $20-$60 on a weekend night, depending. On a GOOD night, I'll make over $70, but I have never made over $100. We have new management at my Pizza Hut, and I'm not getting the hours I used to; and what hours I do get, are spent as either register or host, maybe one waitress day a week. So I'm in desperate need of a new job; one that I can make some good money at :]How much money would I get in tips as a waitress?
at good restaurants, i give around $5 tip. so maybe around 1 day you might serve 20 people. 20x5 = $50. so from $20-$60 per day you can get those tips, that is if you serve them properly (have a smile, look like you want to serve them)

No comments:

Post a Comment