Friday, January 27, 2012

I have a computer with xp pro sp2 and when I start my comp. , it wont go to the welcome screen. it shut down?

shuts down and restarts. how do I resolve this?I have a computer with xp pro sp2 and when I start my comp. , it wont go to the welcome screen. it shut down?
There is many problems that could cause this any many things that could fix this. If it is damage caused by virus and so forth you might need to reformat but do not jump the gun yet. Did you change any hardware lately? Maybe it was not installed properly. Even if you lets say changed the ram a week ago it could have been seated wrong and now slid out of place or something on that line with hardware.



Have you tried to enter the computer with safemode F8 during boot I think should give you the option to start in safemode. Have you made any changes in the Bios (F1 screen?).



3rd what other problems is or was your computer having. A tech will ask you some of these questions and look up info like your computers type and so forth. With the info you gave us all we can do is make stabs in the dark or suggest you give more info or seek help from a tech. Your problem could be as serious as a dead motherboard or as simple as a lose wire connection.



Sometimes this problem can be that the button on your case that boots your PC is somewhat stuck could that be the possibility?I have a computer with xp pro sp2 and when I start my comp. , it wont go to the welcome screen. it shut down?
when the computer boots up, right before it starts up windows press F8, this will give you the option to get in with safe mode. It will ask you if you want to boot up with 'system restore', select yes. From there you can 'restore' the system to previous best working configuration.

start%26gt;all programs%26gt;accessories%26gt;system tools%26gt;system restore

No comments:

Post a Comment