Friday, January 27, 2012

How to stick to my diet and eat healthy while on vacation?

This is so hard, I screwed up already and it's only the first day. Tomorrow I don't get to have any of my meals at home either :(



I eat 1200ish calories a day and stay low fat. With those calories I like to have lots of veggies, whole grains etc. I'm a vegetarian, so I usually get my protein from beans and soy products.



BUT now I'm away.

I got taken to the Olive Garden for dinner. I had only consumed 450 calories prior to dinner. I would have had more but food wasn't available. I thought I was being wise by ordering the Cappelini Pomodoro (and only eating half), and having my salad with no extra cheese and dressing on the side and only eating 2 croutons, and limiting myself to one piece of bruschetta. But no, turns out that had 700 calories total. I had to avoid eating any kind of desert tonight. I just had an orange with my tea.



Seeing as it was white pasta and white bread, my stomach actually feels awful.



I've scoped out the restaraunts now and looked up the menus. Tomorrow I think I can convince everyone to go to Ruby Tuesday's and I can get spaghetti squash.



We're supposed to go out for breakfast tomorrow... and lunch.



I just need some guidelines as to how to eat. Everything prepared at restaurants is so fatty and bad for you :( It's not so much how bad for my diet it is, it's also how terrible I feel.



What do I do?How to stick to my diet and eat healthy while on vacation?
For breakfast, I think every restaurant has some fresh fruit, or at least fruit. If you are going to have carbs have whole wheat.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Berries, Low Sugar Cereal (Fiber 1, Special K), Eggs

Lunch (You should have the most calories so you have energy): Salad w/ Dressing on Side %26amp; Dip your fork sorta in the dressing then pick up your stuff, stay away from salads with "loaded" bacon, but have chicken, Sandwich, etc.

Dinner: Salad, Meat

"Treat" Yogurt with berries



Try to have fruit at every meal.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment