Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Is this a good option for Weight Watchers at Ruby Tuesday?

My grandparents are coming to town on Monday and my sister insists on going to Applebees. The problem with Applebees is that, with their Weight Watchers menu, my friend and I eat there constantly. I am growing tired of the same few items, and I really would like to have dessert since it is a more special occasion on Monday. (Applebees discontinued the Weight Watchers Desserts).



I was looking into trying to go to Ruby Tuesday because they have dessert options that are not 13 points or more. I was looking at getting the Petite Sirloin (5 points), with a side of steamed broccoli without the butter sauce (0 points), and a salad from the salad bar (veggies and light Italian or Ranch dressing) (1-3 points depending on toppings and dressing).



For dessert, I was planning on getting the Strawberry and Cream (5 points). The entire meal will be about 12 points, which is somewhat high for a meal for me, but I'm willing to "splurge" a little. I have 24 points a day, and I sometimes have a hard time meeting my daily allowance (usually I am only under by 1-2 points, but I have been under by as many as 15).



So, is my idea for Ruby Tuesday a good one?Is this a good option for Weight Watchers at Ruby Tuesday?
How about this:



You eat a small meal at home, that you prepare yourself.



Then at the restaurant, you get a salad.



THEN you have your dessert.



Or, you could just work out a little extra that day, walk an extra 20 minutes or so, and have whatever you like for dessert, which, if you like, you can split with someone. All the bang, half the calories. (Except anything called "death by chocolate" or anything like that, because those things are literally like 1500 calories apiece, which is idiotic.)



We dieters must bait and switch ourselves, sometimes. But the eating before going out is a tried-and-true technique which I've read in a zillion different places over the years, and I can vouch for it too. It works.



Edit: Sweetness, I wasn't trying to insult you or to show you a way to spend money. It was just a suggestion and a common trick for those of us who diet, successfully (48 pounds today), but still want to socialize with our loved ones in places that are not necessarily dieter-friendly. Even if you're going to a holiday party, let's say, this is a common suggestion: eat a small meal at home, then avoid the high-calorie party food. And why can you not carry a small snack before you eat again? How many hours are you going between meals? Surely WW teaches you to eat right and also keep your metabolism up?



Just a suggestion. No need to call it "stupid." If you don't like people's answers, don't ask questions on line.



And re-reading your response, why are you "not allowed" to eat at home, and then eat out? Who is withholding food from you? Are you so young that you live with your parents, and they dole your food out to you? Or do the people at home not know that you are on a diet? Maybe you should tell them, so that they can give you support when you need it.Is this a good option for Weight Watchers at Ruby Tuesday?
http://diettipstrickstreatmentsandformulas.blogspot.com/Is this a good option for Weight Watchers at Ruby Tuesday?
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment