Monday, January 30, 2012

My dog is a bully.We bought a puppy and he constantly nips at his heels and flips him over.?

I was wondering will this stop or is he going to pester him to the point of making him mean?My dog is a bully.We bought a puppy and he constantly nips at his heels and flips him over.?
I would let your dog know that he cant bully. You have to be "calm assertive" and let him know who is the pack leader. ( You) Once you have done that he will know he has to listen to you and you can tell him no bullying!

hope this helps
The dog is a puppy and will do that.



I have a 1 year old and she does that.



A sharp tap on the nose with your index finger will put an end to it.My dog is a bully.We bought a puppy and he constantly nips at his heels and flips him over.?
When theres a new addition in the new family with animals if you already have an animal to start with. Don't be surprised if the older animal acts all tough! There's going to be some fighting temporaily to see which one will be the dominate, its completly natural for them.

The older dog may be playing but may be a little too rough for the puppy just keep an eye on them and don't show too much attention to the new puppy or the older doggie will start to feel jealous and act rebelious or depressed.

Trust me, I take care of dogs SOOO MUCH and I have a dog at home and we love him very much. But when I bring in a new dog just for the amount of time I need to take care of them, my dog becomes very jealous and comes upstairs, even when he's not allowed. And if the dog I'm taking care of have to be in a cage when he's been naughty or when we leave the house (my dog doesn't have a cage he just roams around) and taunts the dog be always passing his/her cage and staring at them lol.

Hope this helped and enjoy the new addition :)
Your dog might just be showing the puppy that he is boss(that he is the dominant one), but if it continues you might want to show your dog that you don't like what he is doing.My dog is a bully.We bought a puppy and he constantly nips at his heels and flips him over.?
He'll stop I'm sure. He's just showing him who's boss.
  • happy wheels 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment