Monday, January 30, 2012

How many of you have Pitbulls or a dog that is considered a Bully breed?

If so do you have pictures that you can share? How do you feel about all the negativity that surrounds the breed, and the uneducated nonsense that always spews out of people's mouths about the breed, and the ridiculousness about BSL?How many of you have Pitbulls or a dog that is considered a Bully breed?
Have a pit and he is my service dog. I have had people try to kick him while he is in "uniform" one man did and my nephew hit him and when the man called the police on him the man got arrested for harming a service dog. My picture on this is my bat man and there is more on my 360 , I'm the old woman on there.
I do....check out my 360, now does this look like a blood thristy man eating dog????How many of you have Pitbulls or a dog that is considered a Bully breed?
i do
I don't exactly have a bully- breeded dog, but my dog is very snappy and agro. She also barks at everything that goes past. I love her heaps anyway, and she loves me back because I feed her! Sorry, I don't have a picture of her though!How many of you have Pitbulls or a dog that is considered a Bully breed?
i do. there was this lady at the park that had a pit bull and wanted hers to fight mine and she kept pinching her dogs leg, but the dog was scared of mine and mine just wanted to play.(my puppy is 4 mos. old,and hers was 2 mos) i think shes an idiot!!
I have two rottweilers. I only have pictures of my rottweiler though, the other is my moms. I hate the way people look at them. I actually have a story.



I used to have 3 rottweilers, and a pit bull rottweiler mix. We gave the pitbull rottweiler mix away because she was really bad and the female rottweiler had issues with her. Well, we gave her away in August. One of our male rottweilers lived outside in a kennel because he actually did get hyper and grab people's clothing sometimes and he had huge teeth, so he'd get their skin... not good. So he lived outside or in the basement away from everyone but my mom. Anyway... these people claimed that in like October, all of our dogs, the 3 rottweilers and the pitbull rottweiler mix... attacked them and their car. Remember, the rotty outside (Sid) couldn't possibly get out and put himself back in, and Zoey (rott pitt) was not even living in our house. They lied! They lied because they were scared of our dogs. The ordinance officer (person in my area who gives fines and stuff) told us she would give us a statement saying the dogs were not mean, because she knew. Then my mom went to court to defend our dogs and the ordinance officer was there and lied and said that our dogs were indeed mean!! Now Sid had to get put to sleep because of this, and we don't know where Zoey is so we had to lie and say she died! Sid is dead over people being scared of bad breeds. He wasn't a bad dog and never hurt anyone. My dog and the other female rottweiler now are dangerous and aren't allowed out of our house without a muzzle and a 3ft leash. How cruel is that?? It's so messed up. My poor dog loves to go for walks and now he can't step out of our house without a tiny leash and a muzzle so that he can't even pant. It's sad.



Pictures of my dog posted below.
I've been researching bully breeds pretty thoroughly recently because I want to own one in the future. I think BSL's are a load of crap and are a result of bad owners/breeders who think it's "cool" to have that stereotypical snarling, vicious pitbull. I hate it when some people have to ruin it for the rest of us, ya know? When I get one, I want to be the best ambassador for the breed to help clear its name. I wish that people didn't feel about pitbulls they way that they do but there's been so much negative reinforcement with all the maulings that have happened that it's hard to change people's minds.
I have a pit and am glad to see someone else feels the way that I do. When my dog was about 5-6 months old,we had a personal trainer come to our house and teach us how to train our dog. He told us that there is no such thing as a bad dog,only a bad owner! I have lied to people about his breed-I have told people he is a boxer mix(he is brindle). I hope the day will come when I don't have to lie about him-he is my "child". He is a big baby,but I would feel sorry for the person who would try to hurt me. He is definately a "mama's boy" and is very loyal to me. Wish I could help dispell the myths on a wider basis,other than just the people who meet my dog. I have many pics,but my scanner is on the fritz. I have pics in my wallet and show them like people show pics of their kids. Just keep telling everyone like I do,that they are loving,loyal,and great companions and maybe someday,people will agree.
I have a blue doberman, and it's so sad to watch people's reaction to her. I've actually had people cross the street when I'm walking her because they're afraid. I've had people tell me that I'm an irresponsible mother because I have an aggressive dog in my home (I have 2 yr old and an 8 yr old). I would never have an aggressive dog around my children. Dogs turn out to be exactly what the owner trains them to be. My dobie loves the kids and would never attack anything other than a chew rope. I think the stereotype stems from bad owners, and parents who are stupid enough to leave small children alone with their pets. Small children and pets should always be supervised no matter what the breed is, because children often unintentionally hurt the animal.
I have a 5 month old American Bulldog. No, not a pit bull, but commonly mistaken for one. I do have some pictures of him when he was really little, like 7 wks old. Also with those pics are pictures of his mom and dad.



http://photos.yahoo.com/kelseythegirlwho



I have always felt that any dog can be aggressive, any dog can be mean, and its all how you raise them. I think the reason pit bulls have such a bad name is for a couple reasons, of course because certain people have encouraged pits to be mean, but mainly because they are so strong and powerful. People are just as likely to be bitten by a toy breed, but when one of those dogs bite they don't cause as much damage.



I have had people cross the street as I walk my pup, afraid he's going to attack them. I've also had one man come up to me and tell me he'd appreciate it if I would remove my dog from a park where his kids were playing. I explained my Loki was a sweetheart, and did a little educating about his breed (he thought I had a pit bull). Once his kids came over and Loki showered them with kisses, he saw not all 'vicious' dogs really deserve that title.



The best thing for lovers of the bully-breeds to do is to raise well-socialized pups who can grow up and hopefully erase the stigma associated with these dogs. Its a long road but we have to start somewhere.
I have a pit terrior mix. We rescued her from a shelter when she was 10 weeks old. She is the greatest dog we have ever owned. She has always been great with any other pets we've had... I've had other dogs, multiple cats, a rat, a mouse, 3 ferrets, a rabbit, 3 guinea pigs, and a turtle and some other reptiles.... Not one of my pets have ever attacked another. My husband and I are planning to open a pit bull rescue center when he retires from the military. I think the reason for alot of dogs being "mean" is that the owners don't care for them properly. I've noticed also that most dogs that are kept outside turn nasty. I don't believe in keeping pets outdoors, I think that if someone is going to keep a pet outside than they don't need to have one period.



I have a pic of her on my myspace account if you have one. www.myspace.com/jessiwylie

No comments:

Post a Comment