Monday, January 30, 2012

I need help with my comp, I have xp pro service pack 3.?

My problem is I was nailed with 55 threats last night, my AVG cleaned it all out...but now my windows program is damaged. I have problems trying to defrag-wont let me, when my computer starts it says; c:\windows\system32\msdfnr\exe.....its says it cant find it, none of my EXE programs work. I was thinking if I could download another copy of xp pro from microsoft...I have the product key # from my last disk...problem is I cant find it. I put the lil sticker on my tower in case I lost the disc which I have (go figure)...can I do that?I need help with my comp, I have xp pro service pack 3.?
I believe downloading Windows started with VISTA. You could try "Contacting Microsoft" from their web site to find out for sure. Do you need your computer to run within the next month or so?



I'd recommend an upgrade ($300 to $400) to VISTA. I've run it for over a year now on two of my computers and I DO like it better than XP. My network has both XP and VISTA machines on it and that was no problem.I need help with my comp, I have xp pro service pack 3.?
55 threats? Screw that. Reformat and start with a fresh slate. As for downloading the install disc you're on your own for finding that. Best bet is to go purchase one from any local retailer (walmart probably even carries one). You could always write microsoft a letter about it... though knowing microsoft they'll probably either ignore you, threaten you with legal action against downloading their copyrighted software, or just laugh and tell you to blow it out your bum. My bet is with option B.I need help with my comp, I have xp pro service pack 3.?
Call your computer manufacture they will send you a need CD if you provide your Authentication code. (that sticker you put on your case, smart idea!!!)
  • mini countryman
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment