Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How much money will i make in a week being a server at a semi-nice restaurant?

I need to make around $200-250 a week. I want to be working at a restaurant where most things on the menu are between $10 and $20. like Ruby Tuesdays, TGI Fridays, Hops, Chili's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc. Can i make that amount working like 5 shifts a week[including fridays and saturdays when they are busy]?How much money will i make in a week being a server at a semi-nice restaurant?
You probably will, but maybe not at first. I used to waitress and I made 300-350 a week and I worked 30 hours a week. I worked at a restaurant that was open for breakfast on Sunday mornings and that was when I made the most money. It might take a little while to build up some regular customers and you will probably get a slower section at first, but waitresses tend to turn over quickly so if you stick it out, you will move up the "seniority list" and get better sections and more tables. Good luck, it is a hard job but it can be fun and the money is pretty good!How much money will i make in a week being a server at a semi-nice restaurant?
Easily if you are a good server who can earn good tips.How much money will i make in a week being a server at a semi-nice restaurant?
Teach is right. I have been doing this 20 years, and you always start off slow. Please be patient.

I work at a fine-dining privately owned steakhouse. We open at 11, I am done between 2 and 4 and average $76 a day. The night staff averages about $100 a night.

Why do you want to go corporate? Why not go to a small business? I'm not talking about a diner.

Corporate- you can't get away with slacking

Small business- a LOT less rules %26amp; MUCH bigger station.

No comments:

Post a Comment